Saturday, August 15, 2020

Plum Crazy

 Here we are, another Saturday.  School week 2, including a safely socially distanced field trip to a national park, is in the books.

You ladies know I’m always busy.  Amongst my self-chosen occupations this week is trying to make an entire quilt in less than three weeks.  It’s purple and scrappy, so it fits with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  One of my SiLs has surgery coming in September.  We have a “sick quilt” that my mom pieced and I quilted that gets passed around, but I thought, since she may have to stay near the hospital for a week to ten days, that it might be nice for her to have a larger quilt for her bed.  I need to finish the remaining blocks today, and if so, I am on track to finish it by next Saturday, which should give me enough time to ship it and it arrive, despite the postal drama, safely at her house before surgery.  (These blocks/this quilt need(s) a name.  Any suggestions?)





My courtyard step blocks are done.  Many Garden Party posies worked up as leaders and enders for my scrappy purple blocks, so they are on the wall too.  I have one more hand hexagon stitched up.

In the next two weeks, I also have another pile of masks to make.  The Assistant will (theoretically, as our case numbers are high) be attending high school for the first time in two weeks, so she picked out some fun fabrics.  My nieces return to school in three weeks, and they each need a few more masks too.  They’re all cut, and maybe I’ll work on their sewing as I assemble my purple blocks.

I, of course, have things to do, so this is all for now.  May your days be full of threads and happiness!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis, katie z.

P.S. I’m linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I have trouble getting to comments and visiting others’ blogs, but I really will make an effort to better this week.  You all are full of inspiration!

PPS I can’t seem to find where to link and how to sort my pictures.  Give me a week or I’ll switch back to the old blogger.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Lots of pretty purples! Sounds like this week may have contained less madness then the first week of school. The mask fabrics are fun. Mask making seems to be never ending, with a few new ones needed here and there. Thankfully they are quick to make.

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW many lovely PURPLE bits for the RSC, Katie!! I find it incredible that you EVER find time to quilt. Best of luck on getting that quilt done and delivered before your sister's surgery!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like your new purple blocks! That will be such a lovely gift for your SIL! I wish I had a name idea for you, but naming quilts is not my forte. :)

Anonymous said...

I call that block “The Lumberyard block” since the pieces finish at 2 x 4, a common board size. (Assuming you use 2-1/2 x 4-1/2 rectangles). My dad was a carpenter. I’ve made six of these quilts. Sometimes I use 2 x 3-1/2 rectangles. Great scrap buster.

Deb A said...

What a great set of blocks. They look like an inner courtyard to me... don't know why but they do! Pretty in purple.
For the URL link - there is something that looks like a paperclip or safety clip - click on that and it lets you set up the url link. Highlight the words to link. As for the photo's...I've only figured out when you click on them in editing the minus button makes it smaller.
Happy stitching.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...