Saturday, September 5, 2020

Catching Up

I’m back home after a whirlwind trip to my sister.  The woman who hit her is denying the wreck was her fault, but I’m pretty sure not even her insurance agrees with her.  My sister needs the insurance to pay for her new van, so well wishes and prayers are most appreciated.
Hey, there’s us 4 years ago with two less kids!

Friday I had a nice afternoon sewing.  The courtyard steps are all done for the month, even if they aren’t red (the original ombré fabrics didn’t include red).  I made a good start on my Garden Party posies.  My Easy Breezy blocks include some red, so those will get some attention this month too.

I finished two more rows of my temperature quilt this week as well.  Next time, I think I need to take my own temperature each day, as the weather website I check says we only hit above 95 twice this summer, and I know that is not true.  We hit over 100 more than once.

I have yard/farm work coming out my ears, so I need to shake a leg.  I’ll be linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and will try very hard to visit all the other lovely quilters.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.


5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sending hopeful thoughts that the insurance comes through for your sister! Love the family picture, too - you just need an updated one! Sometimes our weather app tells us it's raining in our town, but we're not seeing any at our house - so funny how that works. I like how your temperature quilt is shaping up!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a fantastic looking design wall (and a fun family photo!!) Wonder what's up with your weather app? Whatever the case, that temperature quilt is coming along nicely, Katie.

grammajudyb said...

I like your temperature quilt. It reminds me of mine from last year.
Hope your sister is recovering and the insurance comes through!

Deb A said...

Your temp quilt is looking great. I hope the insurance company is able to pull a traffic camera, or a camera pointing that way from a business. Fingers crossed her insurance pays up like they should.

Susie H said...

Somebody needs to look in her Webster's and come to terms with the word "responsibility" and then follow through on it. Oh well, I'm sure things will work out but I can totally understand the stress involved until the dust settles. Your blocks are looking good and I'm sure there's plenty of chores to catch up on now that you're home.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...