Friday, September 4, 2020

September Goals

 In August, I had big plans...


1.  Purple scraps.  Trim, courtyard steps, hand pieced hexies.  I will make some Garden Party blocks and Easy Breezy blocks, but neither quilt has purple, so they will not cooperate this month!  I made all these blocks!

2.  Temperature quilt: 2 rows.  Negative.  I cared for my sister after her car wreck instead.

3.  Finish Flying Stars.  I need to finish and apply the borders, then make the backing and quilt.  Yes, yes, yes!

4.  Make my teal mini for the teal mini swap, which raises money for ovarian cancer research.  Done, but I do need to mail it.

5.  I may need a special purple quilt made in the next month.  We shall see.  I’ll have to see what I can manage.  I made it, I mailed it, she received it.

6.  In the unlikely event of spare time, I’ll work in repairing my first quilt to get it back to my sister.  Instead, I made another heap of masks.

In September, I really hope to feel more positive about homeschooling.  It takes a lot of time (I knew it would), and my two younger ones fight it every day, which is discouraging.  But we’re talking about quilty goals, aren’t we?

1.  Scraps: trim, courtyard steps (but not in red), Garden Party posies, and one large hand pieced hexagons Star.

2.  Temperature Quilt: 3 rows, to catch up from last month.

3.  Millie’s quilt.  It needs repairs, new batting, setting triangles, new backing, and actual binding this time.

I think that’s it.  I’m exhausted, anxious, busy, and making progress.  This season of life and pandemic will not last forever, and I’ll get my head wrapped around it.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis, katie z.

No comments:

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...