Saturday, September 26, 2020

Stash Report Week # 39 and 15 Minutes

 This was a good week for fabric usage.  I get to count the new backing and binding for my first quilt (the quilt too that was a quilt for almost 20 years until my sister and I deconstructed it this summer/fall) and I will also be counting fabric for four masks.

It’s still lumpy, not quite square, and fabrics are slowly wearing out, but the quilting on both sides of the major rows of piecing should hold it together for another decade.


With quilting, another spool of thread is gone, for 16 for the year.

On the 15 minutes of hand quilting a day, I have managed well for the last few weeks.  This giant red hexagon star takes forever to put together, but I only have two more points of the outer ring of hexies, so it should be done by the end of the month.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis, katie z.

2 comments:

Mlada said...

Your sister will be thrilled to see her "new" quilt! Just in time as the weather cools down.

Kate said...

Looks like a successful salvage and repair job on your first quilt. Congrats on keeping up with at least 15 minutes of hand stitching time. Hopefully this week's stitching went as well or better than last week.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...