Saturday, February 27, 2021

Baby Steps

 Hey, I turned on my sewing machine!  I even finished two blocks.  They aren’t pressed, as my iron is heavy and I’m trying to behave myself on lifting restrictions.  Still, progress is being made.


I also finished my yellow hexagon star.  Yay!  Usually, these large stars take me well more than a month, but as I have more time in my chair and less time at my sewing machine, it was easily done.  I’ve even started a blue one (although I suspect I have too many blue flowers and need more green and purple).

I also did a silly but needful project of cleaning up some of my email.  I had dozens of comments I failed to reply to (my apologies) and hundreds of garbage emails.  I find that the last few months, with the crazy of finding a new house, moving, and then surgery, I’ve ignored far too many emails.

Today, I hope to spend a blissful hour or so sorting through a lovely box of scraps from Vicki.  They will certainly keep me sitting during my recovery!

Spunky’s birthday is suddenly 11 days away, and I haven’t ordered her a birthday present.  I think I need to get on that next!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Sarah Aldrich said...

Somehow I missed that you had surgery. Having had emergency surgery myself 10 days ago, I feel your pai. I hope you have a quick and uneventful recovery. I am also not allowed to lift and I own a shipping store. I told my husband he is officially unretired for the duration. Get well soon!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hooray for (physical) progress and some YELLOW scrap sewing, too, Katie!! Wishing Spunky an early happy birthday. Hoping she has a great day!

Julierose said...

I also missed that you were having surgery...hope you are feeling better by the day.
Nice blocks--those hexagons are really pretty in all those light yellows...take care and rest up hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are two neat blocks you've made there, Katie! And love the hexie star, too. Hope your recuperation is going well!

scraphappy said...

So glad that you are able to still get some sewing done. You will be back to ironing again in no time at all. Until then those hexies are a nice way to pass the time.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...