Sunday, February 21, 2021

Stash Report Week #8 and 15 Minutes

 No stash changes!  It’s a positive that I haven’t bought anything, so we’ll count this as a win.

Also a win: we survived the polar vortex without any major disasters.  A furnace froze (it’s inappropriately in the attic), three sink pipes froze (thawed without bursting), and despite rolling blackouts threatened, we managed not to be without power.  We spent 13 days below freezing, a record for us.  Our low was -17 F, with a -30 F windchill.  Some days our furnace ran non stop, despite a blazing fire, closed blinds, and other conservation measures.  Our propane tank will need refilling, and our electric bill will probably be eye-popping, but as we aren’t in Texas, the bill should only be in the 100s, not 1000s.  This bitter cold made it awfully hard to do the “rest” part of my recovery!

I managed to work on my hexagons every day this week.  47/51 days for 2021.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z. 

No comments:

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...