Saturday, February 13, 2021

On the Other Side

 And here we are, four days post surgery!  It’s always nice to have the nerve wracking part over even if recovery is going to be long and dull.

Sunday, while trying not to fret, I finished up most of my yellow blocks for February.  Here are my “farm quilt” blocks, made from a fat quarter collection of cork fabrics.  This is going to be a fantastic quilt!

I also finished my Modern Vintage blocks.  I had so many different yellows that I cut four blocks instead of three.  
The next hand pieced hexagon is well underway, with the first two rounds finished.

Finally, I started on the yellow twin quilt, but failed to take pictures as I packed up the sewing room.  I’m making the Double T block, which I decided was appropriate for twins and could also double for “double trouble,” which I imagine they will be.  I need a better way to organize the blocks, since they are large, but I suppose I have time to consider possible solutions over the next week or two.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z. 

P.S.  I like to link up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge each Saturday!

6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Glad you got some sunny YELLOW sewing done while waiting for your surgery, Katie! Here's hoping your recovery goes well.

scraphappy said...

Sounds like the surgery went well. Hopefully some sunny yellow hexies will help you pass the days until you are up and at it again.

Cathy said...

Happy to hear that you’ve successfully “passed” your surgery! I hope you will take it easy, be a good patient and take the best care of yourself. Wishing you lots of hugs and kisses from the littles and plenty of hand stitching and rest!

Kathy S. said...

Wishing you continued healing. Take care of yourself. Sounds like a good time to sew.

Vicki W said...

I'm glad your surgery is over and you are on the road to recovery. I hope the recovery phase is REALLY boring. :D

Kate said...

Glad you are past the surgery part and hope that your recovery is going well. Very pretty golden blocks in the works. Your Farm blocks are really fun. Stay warm and try to rest and recoup.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...