Sunday, February 28, 2021

Stash Report Week #9 and 15 Minutes

 My stash report has been funny this year.  I set a goal to buy no more than 20 yards of fabric, so I’ve been good and have purchased nothing so far.  Yet my stash report is not headed in the right direction!  This week, the lovely Vicki sent me a small box packed with scraps as a “get well soon” gift.  It was so kind of her, and I (and Miss G and PK) have thoroughly enjoyed sorting them.

IN this week: 5 yards
OUT this week: 0 yards

IN YTD: 33 3/4 yards
OUT YTD: 23 1/2 yards
YTD Total: 10 1/4 yards IN

I estimates the gift at 5 yards.  It’s scraps, and it’s not worth the energy right now to measure it piece by piece or weigh it.  Thank you, again, Vicki.  These are delightful scraps!

Meanwhile, I play with Vicki’s fabric every day for my handwork.  This week went well, and I hand stitched faithfully all week, for 54 of 58 days.  The yellow star is all done, and (gasp!) I also finished a blue flower tonight.  This week I’ll work on green flowers.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

I wanted the fabric to cheer you up and I'm glad that it did! I know that you and the girls will make some great projects with them.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...