Saturday, February 6, 2021

Sunshine

 Um... I found this week both interminable and far too short.  I had two days eaten into by pre-surgery  appointments, along with well child checks for two of the boys (so I don’t have to try to get them in when I can’t drive or lift anything).  Surgery is this coming Tuesday, so if you don’t hear from me next Saturday, it’s probably because I didn’t do anything.  In case you’re wondering, I have to have pelvic floor repair and a hysterectomy.  I did lots of cutting this week in an effort to be prepared for a few weeks of not sewing.

This week, I cut the pieces for the tops of the pineapple quilt for the Assistant.  I also cut all my Modern Vintage and cork farm blocks.  Finally, I discovered I didn’t cut a crucial block part for the yellow baby quilt I intended to sew later this month, so I cut those!



When it came to sewing, I have two modern vintage and a few of my farm quilts sewn up.  I really need to get a proper leader ended organized!  (Oops... I’m sorry they’re sideways!)  I think I’ll make more corn later in blue or multicolored, as when we grown corn for cornmeal, I grow either Hopi blue or Glass Gem corn.  My bee is blue and yellow as the black fabric had disappeared behind the pile.  Oh, well.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis, katie z.

P.S. I’m linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this Saturday.

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm so sorry to hear you have to have surgery, Katie! I wish you a quick and easy recovery, and hope it makes you feel much better in the long run! I live those corn blocks - they'll be fun in other colors, too.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Best of luck with the surgery and with recuperating, that can be the hardest part. I love the idea of blue corn. I once had some blue corn meal, which was delicious but made some strange looking cornbread.

scraphappy said...

Glad you are able to get prepped and ready ahead of the surgery. Best of luck for a speedy recovery.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Good thinking on getting those appointments taken care of prior to your surgery, Katie. SEW glad you were able to get some YELLOW bits sewn for the RSC. Hoping all goes well on Tuesday!

grammajudyb said...

Best of luck with the surgery! Do what the doctor says! Speedy recovery!

Jenny said...

Sending you very best wishes for your surgery. I'm guessing you will need to have help at home for your family after such major ops?

Vicki W said...

I hope your surgery went well! I was going to send you a card but realized that I only have your old address. Sending you all my best wishes!

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...