Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Finished Quilt: Morewood Mystery

 

Lest you think I finished this now, in March, post surgery, let me assure you I did not.  This lovely quilt (lap-sized) was finished back in January.  The final clues had not yet been released, but I was able to finish it based on the sneak peek.  It was perfect; I could give it to my friend before I had surgery and not have to wait for months to quilt it.  My favorite fabric was the blue (it looks almost greenish) that was some kind of shot cotton with brown interwoven.  It came from a scrap bag, and I love it.

The directions were precise, clear, appropriately divided by month.  I need to remember to do the next mystery by this designer next year!

I’m pleased with the entire quilt, mixed backgrounds, binding, the whole nine yards.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis, katie z.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

The quilt turned out great!

Kate said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish! The scrappy backgrounds really work well. Cheryl's mysteries are usually really fun and her instructions are always clear.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...