Saturday, March 13, 2021

Greening Up

 It’s amazing how fast the greens of spring sneak up on us.  I was thinking earlier this week how brown everything still was, but this morning, I see green everywhere!

This week, I finished one hexagon flower and made good progress on a second one.

Cutting progresses slowly.  I had hoped to cut a block a day, but some of these farm blocks are so fiddly that I need several days to cut.  Oh, well.  I still have blocks to keep me busy next week, which is the important thing.

My four green Modern Vintage blocks are done for March.  I started 2021 only make two blocks per color, but quickly realized that 1. I have more scraps than that and 2. I need more blocks than that!  We’ll see where I end the year, but I may need to go back and fill in a bit.

On of my nephews loves green, so as I work with my green blocks, I’m trying to consider what quilt I’m going to make for him in the next year or so.  A sampler?  One block repeated?  A pattern of some kind?

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

scraphappy said...

Ah, plans for new quilts, nothing is more fun than the process of planning and dreaming. Hope you settle on something perfect for your nephew.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Modern Vintage blocks are so pretty in green! I love green, too - it will be fun to see what you decide on for your nephew.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Very pretty green blocks! Good luck with your cutting.

Ivani said...

Pretty green Modern Vintage Blocks

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great GREEN blocks, Katie! Hope that you are felling well and recovering nicely.

Cathy said...

That vintage block goes by a lot of different names. I made blocks for RSC from 2 inch scraps a couple of years ago and still don't have the top assembled. Whatever the block is called I really like it!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...