Saturday, March 27, 2021

Pineapple Crazy

 I rarely work on a single project doggedly for a week solid, and yet, here we are at the end of the week, and all I have to show for myself is a few pineapple tops!


My green sewing this week was all about the 60 pineapple tops I need for the Assistant’s “Pineapple Farm” quilt (pattern by Elizabeth Hartman).  I’m still wrapping my brain around the pineapple bodies.  While these greens aren’t exactly scraps, they are stash and scrappy in design, so I’m counting them for my scrappy sewing.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. It’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge Weekend.

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That looks like a fun quilt in the making, Katie! Your greens are really pretty!

Maggie said...

Love the green fabric, your quilt will be amazing with that zinger in it.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Gorgeous GREEN Pineapple tops, Katie! I hadn't heard of that pattern, but googled it. I think I'm going to really like The Assistant's quilt! Although, I would be tempted to substitute Crumb blocks for the pineapple bodies, along with some fun plain print fabrics.

scraphappy said...

Even though you don't have finished blocks to share, making progress always feels good.

Ivani said...

I have to check the pineapple quilt and it looks perfect for a Rainbow quilt, Katie.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...