Saturday, March 20, 2021

Green on the Farm

I’m making pleasant progress on my pineapple tops.  This quilt is one of those more complicated/tedious projects that I dread more before I begin it than once it’s started.  I’m making good progress on the second set of strips.
As I move along with my farm blocks, I realized I failed to explain why I had chosen each block.  I’ll start now, with green!
The Christmas tree has a red tree skirt since I made a red and cream skirt for our tree.  Next is a Christmas wreath.  I suppose if I’d thought about it in advance, I would have added purple and pink for Advent candles.  Peas are my kids’ favorite vegetable!

Next is a plate and silverware.  Each of my kids is assigned a color, and their plates at cups are in their assigned color.  Green is Q’s color.  Q is the fourth boy/man with his name, so when I abbreviate his name with initials, I usually use IV.
I do have a wooden spoon and an olive green mixing bowl.  The teal color is my favorite color, so this is a “I would love to find a mixing bowl in this color.”  Q loves Granny Smith apples, so I made a green apple.  I used to crochet (now it hurts my wrists too much to do often), and the Assistant knits, so of course we need a little yarn in our lives.  (This all sounds a lot less interesting when I type it out.  Oh, well.)

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z. 

P.S. It’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge time yet again!

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love that you're making your farm quilt blocks so personal and meaningful to your family! What a cool idea to have your kids' plates and cups all be color coordinated!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lots of lovely GREEN blocks, Katie! I think you will be happy that you documented your thought process for the farm quilt. Hoping you are all settled in at the new house!

grammajudyb said...

I agree with Diann and Joy! Making your farm quilt personal and documenting it will be awesome when you are done! I love it!

Susie H said...

How fun that each block relates personally to your family. Love this idea and the blocks are cute to boot!

Kate said...

The Farm blocks are coming together beautifully. The final quilt will be such fun because they each mean something to you. A very fun idea.

Deb A said...

Love the idea behind this and each block will make everyone smile. Fun.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...