Saturday, March 6, 2021

Why, Hello There...

 ... I wasn’t sure I’d have a chance to check in with you today.  You see, my DH nearly (maybe did?) broke a bone or two in his foot.  He was dismantling something, his prop slipped out, and down went a heavy surface on the side of his foot.  We spent the morning at Urgent Care, where no fracture is clear yet, but if he still has great pain in a week, we get to return.  What a start to a Saturday!

There was plenty of hexagon sewing this week, including a few hours in the car today.


I sewed blocks for the baby quilt (in yellow) but the basted quilt is in a pile currently, so I’ll show you next week after I (hopefully) quilt it.



I slowly tried cutting this week.  My goal was a single block a day, and that seemed to work pretty well.  I cut my green Modern Vintage blocks and started cutting my farm quilt blocks.  Unfortunately, the farm quilt blocks are awfully futzy and therefore complicated to cut.  I am being careful.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. It’s time to link up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So sorry to hear about your DH's accident, Katie! I hope he heals quickly with no broken bones. Love those hexie flowers!

Jenny said...

Oh dear, hope hubby's injury heals quickly. At least you got a little stitching done this week.

Ivani said...

Sorry to hear about your DH, hope there are no broken bones and that he is felling better today.
Your hexies are looking really pretty. Hugs

Vicki W said...

Wow, it's never a dull moment at your house! I hope your husband is OK and that his foot feels better soon.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...