Friday, July 23, 2021

Finished Quilt: Rick Rack Nines

 I love finishing quilts!

This tidy little quilt for the one of the cutest little boys has only been in the works for a month.  I started with the nine patches in green from scraps.  In only a few days, it became apparent I didn’t have quite enough to make all the needed nine patches.  I raided my stash (which I had happily recently refilled) and cut new 2” strips.  The mustard/gold is a favorite color of my sister, so I included it as the alternate color.  She helped choose the rusty brown binding while they were visiting last week.



The backing is a fabric I dyed just for this little boy as he loves green.

The pattern is Rick Rack Nines by Bonnie Hunter.  I adjusted it to a 70” by 60” (or so) quilt.  Great size for almost three with plenty of room to grow!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

The colors in your backing fabric are just perfect for that cute quilt. You are a good dyer!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...