Saturday, July 31, 2021

Farm Blocks Recap

 I must admit this month I didn’t feel inclined to make many quilt blocks for my farm quilt.  They are detailed and fiddly, and make clear to me that my cutting still need work.  Maybe this week I didn’t want to improve my cutting.  Sigh.

This week I did get the last ones knocked out.  We currently have six barn cats.  Two, Andromeda (the white cat with a big brown patch) and Cheddar (not made yet) were our cats at the old house, and we “inherited” two black cats (Gigi and Vapor) and two tawny cats (Eke and Tawny).  I was not up for six cats, and who knows if we’ll have all those cats when the quilt is finished.  At least they are finished.

The goats are Triple Vanilla and Chocolate according to the kids and Cyril and Methodius according to my husband.  The dog doesn’t properly represent our Great Pyrenees Hope.  We’ll keep it for now, and I’ll decide if I should have made it bigger.


Putting all the blocks together shows me I have a long way yet to go.  It will be okay; I just wasn’t feeling them this month.  I have 22 of 49 12” sections done.  (They will have sashing.  The current smashed together version is too chaotic for me.). On I go.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

 P.S.  It’s the last of the darks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's so fun to see all your blocks, Katie! I love the goats!

Sarah Aldrich said...

It’s a marathon not a sprint. One block at a time gets it done. Sew on!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

These blocks are amazing! They are all so colorful, and so much fun. I love the blue tractor. Good luck with the rest!

Vicki W said...

I'm glad that you are making this quilt. I looked at the pattern once and just could not make the commitment. I'm enjoying making it through you!

Susie H said...

So many pretty blocks. Love the kitties, of course!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...