Saturday, July 3, 2021

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Pretty Messes

 It’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge weekend!  My sewing was a trifle discombobulated last week as I coordinated “summer camp” for our kids last week.  It rained.  Often.  We had many ups and downs, but it was a nice change from the summer schedule, I think.

I’ll be using neutrals this month as I don’t have much navy blue to work into my projects.

As part of our summer camp, we tie dyed shirts.  Of course, since I quilt, I couldn’t stop with shirts.  I pulled out my bold of 60” wide white fabric and cut off some quilt backs and some not-quite fat quarters.  The turquoise-based quilt backs are still soaking, but the reds-oranges-yellows are soaked, washed, and ironed.



Three of the quilt backs are spoken for, but the other three were just for fun and to use up leftover dye.  It was good fun.
from the room of Zana’s Ninis, katie z.

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a great idea, Katie! Those will make fun quilt backs!

Ivani said...

How cool! Love your tie dyed.

Julie in GA said...

Beautiful colors! Your dye projects will make great quilt backs.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'll bet the kids enjoyed that activity. Spectacular results, Katie!!

Jenny said...

What fun! The kids dyed their tee shirts and you enjoyed dying quilt backings. Such gorgeous colours they look wonderful.

sewsaucysuzy said...

What kind of dyes did you use? I want to dye fabric and yarn at some point and have picked up a few dyes. Love the deep magenta piece especially.

Kate said...

Tie dying shirts sounds like fun, but potentially messy activity. Love your tie died quilt backings. What a fun way to make a quilt one of a kind.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...