Saturday, August 28, 2021

A Little Bit

I found some aqua in my sewing room this week!  I know these are predominantly purple, but it was the blocks I found that I wanted to make.

This doll is like the Assistant’s American Girl doll
I almost always back the birthday cakes from scratch around here.  The kids like random colors, but often don’t want frosting around the edges anymore.  So there you go!  I did press it earlier this week, but it appears someone played with it after the fact!


 So far, we have no one in quarantine.  BJ did temporarily move out of the bedroom he shares with his brothers to a different part of the house, where we have a different air handler.  Anything (reasonable) we can do to keep him safe, I’m willing to try.

The last week and all the adjustment it entailed have me currently exhausted.  Even when I have time to sew, I don’t have much energy.


from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z. 

2 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

A couple of blocks with hints of aqua for the RSC are better than I did this week (month.) Worry will zap your energy and you've been busy with BJ. Your enthusiasm for quilting is sure to return when things settle down, Katie. At least, that's what I'm hoping for!)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your cake on its cakestand reminds me of one we had when I was growing up! You wound it up and it played Happy Birthday as it twirled the cake around. Both of your blocks are so cute!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...