Saturday, August 14, 2021

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Still Off the Rails

 I promise I am working my way back to the appropriate Rainbow Scrap Challenge color.  It is, after all, my favorite color.  I’m still working my way through the quilts I cut during BJ’s illness.  (By the way, we have an appointment with the pediatric infectious disease doctor Thursday.  Prayers and positive vibes are requested and appreciated.)

Last night, since BJ fell asleep easy and early last night, I finished the binding on the “Indigo” quilt.  That’s the name of the pattern in the Successful Scrap Quilts from Simple Rectangles.  I left off the borders, so this finished at a pleasant 48” x 72”. It used up a large scrap of wide backing fabric as well as, for the binding, most of an odd batik that came in a mystery bag (Eye of Horus, anyone?).


I’m calling this other quilt Thick and Thin.  I was inspired by Mary at MaryQuilts.  PK really, really, really wanted to make a quilt for BJ, so persistently that here I am making a quilt for him.  I think it will be good for rides in the car when it gets cold.  BJ’s color is orange and PK’s is yellow, so I tried to use all my oranges first and yellow and brown next from my 2.5” scraps.  That box is getting thin.  I’m please with the emptiness; I may cut up what remains into squares and rectangles and make a chaotic scrap quilt.
I will pick out a few farm blocks to make over the next week; one child starts school Wednesday and three on Thursday, so it’s going to get quieter in the house.  Here we come, turquoise!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Thick and Thin looks wonderful! I really like the design and colors you used. Have fun getting out those turquoise scraps when you can!

Maggie said...

Believe!You can love By, the most important thing is we can do. We had a miracle twenty five years ago, so just live life and accept the miracles has already happened. Have a wonderful week.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on your quilt finish, Katie, and it's SEW sweet that PK wanted to make a quilt for his little brother!! Best of luck with the upcoming appointment.

Deb A said...

Love the quilt and congrats on the finish! Hope you enjoyed the quiet house with some of the kids in school. Hope they figure out the issue with the little one.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...