Saturday, August 7, 2021

Rerouting…

 Alas and alack, BJ had another flare this week, so I did only one thing I intended to in my sewing room: cut my remaining Modern Vintage blocks - 7!  BJ has been miserable and feverish since Monday evening (his birthday!), so I couldn’t wrap my brain around detailed cutting or sewing or even planning (I’m looking at you, farm blocks!).
Instead I cut and prepped masks for my sister’s family.
And cut two very simple quilts.  One is from Successful Scrap Quilts, so all of the pieces are simple bricks.  The other is strips in two sizes.  The 2.5” strips are all from my stash, and the 1.5” are from two small, odd pieces of green from my stash.
The mindless sewing has been better for this week, as it’s very easy to leave at a moment’s notice, and very easy to sew for a short time.  I’ll get back to the regularly programmed scrap colors eventually, but I may need a mindless week next week too until my brain recovers from the lack of sleep.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. I should be excited about the Rainbow Scrap Challenge sewing: it’s my favorite color, teal/turquoise/blue-green!  (I can’t find my button to add a link this weekend.  I must be really tired or blogger changed again.)

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sometimes the best we can do is something mindless! I hope BJ is better soon!

maggie fellow said...

for something mindless you have a lot done. Cutting is always a good recipe for future fun.

Mari said...

Oh, I hope your boy is better soon. Kids are so sad when they're sick. Good luck with getting some stitching in.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

So sorry your B is sick, and on his birthday too! Mindless sewing always helps me keep worry at bay. Here's hoping he's on the mend, and you get some good sleep.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Poor, BJ, and poor Katie, too!! How sad that he was sick on his birthday. :o((

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...