Saturday, January 7, 2023

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Beginnings

Returning to school and work this week was both a struggle and a good thing.  I do wish BJ would stop waking up at 5 am!  I’m not ready to get moving quite that early, especially in the dark days of winter.  I should get out of bed when he comes in so early and read or sew, but I don’t.
My blue 2.5” squares are sorted and mostly paired with cream squares.  I’m interested to see just how many 16 patches I have at the end of the month, as these blue squares feel never ending.
I have spent plenty of sewing time plotting these purple blocks.  While they aren’t blue, they are certainly from my scraps.  I need 16 “blocks” to make the final panel for under my daughter’s loft bed.
My other Rainbow Scrap sewing is a little more on the turquoise side.  I had those 2” scraps pulled out already, but when the blocks sets I cut run out, I’ll return to blue scraps.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.
 

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It is hard to get going when the mornings are so dark - I'm ready for more light, too! Each time I see your work on the bojagi panels I am fascinated by them. It looks like once you know the technique, you can design them however you want. Fun!

Maggie said...

Our cat is back to waking us at half past three in the morning. We are not ready to wake then, but once hubby is awake he cannot get back to sleep. Hope he gets the memo and sleep in a bit.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I like your floating squares blocks!!! Hopefully we start noticing the days getting longer, now that we're past the winter solstice...

Deb A said...

Oh boy, that is early! Pretty fabrics you are playing with this month. It does seem to take a little time to get back into the school routine.

scraphappy said...

It is so hard to be productive when you wake up too early! Hopefully it will get easier as the days get longer and warmer. Lots of pretty shades of blue this week. Never-ending is just the right word for this shade.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

You are all set to go with the blue and cream scraps. Looking forward to seeing them come together in blocks.

Kate said...

Hopefully everyone is back on schedule and things are too hectic. You definitely made good use of your stitching time and all your scraps.

Plugging Away

Somehow I spent most of this week thinking it was the last week in March.  I’m glad I have another week! I have plenty of purple still to se...