Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Finished Quilt: Optical Illusion

 I started with a fabulous pile of fabric from Vicki.

I cut three strips in each color for each size.  While I made more light strips since they were skinnier, I’m not sure I love that in the finished quilt.
Strips sets are such fun to whip out.  Also, I was thrilled to find the fabric needed no extra starch to cooperate.
Subcutting is always a little nerve wracking as I generally don’t have much wiggle room to correct miscuts.  This took a full panel and a second half panel of strips to complete.
As this is a baby quilt, I didn’t want it to be stiff, so one set of quilting lines was sufficient.
The baby pink binding was Spunky’s choose.  I would have chosen a deep pink, but the light pink really does look lovely.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis, katie z.


2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I wondered what you were doing with that fabric. I LOVE it! That's one lucky baby!

Kate said...

Oooh, very pretty! Love your color choices and the optical illusion comes through beautifully.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...