Saturday, January 28, 2023

Savoring the Blues

 I have 45 new box blocks for January, and probably 15-20 more cut.  I didn’t use up all my 2” strips, but I did exhaust the variety.

I finished 30 16 patch blocks.  They are very cheerful and will make splendid quilts with all the other colors.
My mission today is piece this block.  Sneaky Pete celebrates his 100th day in kindergarten at the end of the week, so his shirt will have 100 different fabrics on it.
I also have a binding to finish.  This is another optical illusion quilt and the baby is due in a few weeks, so I would like to wrap it up.
Finally, Sneaky Pete asked for a new stocking.  “His” color (we sort stockings, dishes, sunglasses, and towels for the seven kids by color) is yellow, but his old stocking is blue and brown and, let’s be frank, not very attractive.  So I finished this one yesterday and packed up the last of the Christmas bits this morning.

I’m not sure what my pink scrap status is, but I’m quite sure there won’t be as many pinks as I have blues!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis, katie z.

4 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Love all your blue projects! I, too, feel like I have used up any variety I have. My pinks are not as plentiful as the blues, too!

Helenchaffin said...

Cute blocks,it's amazing how many different things can be made from a 2" block

Mlada said...

Blues are very much my favorite.

Vicki W said...

OMG, the yellow Christmas boot is so cute!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...