Wednesday, June 28, 2023

July Goals

 Ah, goals and travel and summer.  It’s ridiculously hot today, so we worked outside early, shut all the blinds, and hunkered down for a quiet day.

My June goals were:

1. Scraps: I’m supposed to use blue scraps, but I already used them earlier in the year, so I will trim, begin assembling the hexagons, make teal boxes, and yellow and red 16 patches.  All done except the teal boxes because there are dozens of them!

2. Finish the placemat.  Done.

3.  Make a tree skirt (this is take two) for my sister.  Done,

4.  The current, interim hand project is wool mug ornaments.  I’m kitting up one at a time and they’re nicely portable.  I have several finished, but these have taken a back seat to other stitching.  The hexagons take up my hand stitching goal of 15 minutes a day, and these mugs just… wait.


My July goals will be quiet.

1. Scraps: trim, finish my teal boxes and make some red ones, finish the rainbow wedding quilt, continue hexagon assembly, and maybe make some teal 16 patches.

2. Work on mugs.

3.  Somehow I need a flexible goal for my Korean stitching.  There are so many directions this could go - jogakbo, embroidery, pouch-making, bakjwi… I would like to work on something everyday, depending on how the creative urge points me.

4.  Mugs, if we travel.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

It has been hot! Congrats on your June goal check marks and good luck with your July goals. Sometimes it's hard to get much done with all the kiddos out of school.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...