Saturday, June 17, 2023

Sewing Room, Revisited

 Today was the only day this week I touched my sewing machine, after five days away and a “recovery” day of cleaning and finding lost things.

My 16 patches are all block halves now, and I made a few box blocks.

I haven’t touched my hexagons or the tree skirt, but they will be back on my list next week. My Rainbow Scrap challenge plans this month are a bit off color!

While I was away, I couldn’t be totally without needle and thread, so I made a little jumeoni (pocket/bag) and embroidered on a small purse that I use when I walk and have no pockets for my phone, house key, etc.

(The green one was made before my trip, but carried my jewelry.)

I enjoyed the break in routine but am looking forward to normal habits again next week.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I followed along with your trip on Instagram and it looked fun! It's always good to get home again, though. Glad you had a hand-stitching project to take along!

Kate said...

It's always hard to get back into the groove after you've been away from home. Hope the trip was a lot of fun.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...