Saturday, June 10, 2023

Scrambling

Packing and planning for family to be in three different places is a bit of a scramble.  I leave early tomorrow for National History Day with Q.  The Assistant and Spunky also leave tomorrow for a float trip vacation with my parents (Q and I were going on that trip until Q made it to nationals), and the husband will be at home with the four littles and work.

I need to clean up my sewing room before I leave so all the tools and projects are put away safely.

My red squares are in four patches, but an untidy mess with no picture.  I love revisiting all the different fabrics.

The cutting and sorting for box blocks took many sessions this week, but I now have 50 or more blocks ready to sew.  Clearly these colors are my favorites, as the variety and quantity was more than even the blues!
Finally, for the properly light blue fabrics of the week, I only need to stitch down the binding on this tree skirt.  I prefer it to the previous one I made, but my older sister will get to pick which one she wants (or both!)
.
I hope you have plenty of stitching time and very little scrambling in the coming week.  I don’t know if I’ll report in next week… DH has to leave for a funeral right as I get home from D.C.!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z. 

P.S. I link up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge each Saturday!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I always admire how families with more than one child handle those everyone going in different directions situations. Hope everyone is packed and ready. Good luck to Q at nationals! Hope you have a fun trip.

Vicki W said...

Wow, you do have a lot going on! Next time you come to DC, let me know and I'll take the train up and meet you for lunch or something.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...