Saturday, June 24, 2023

Summer

 Being gone for most of a week, in a different time zone, and all the travel involved in that threw me for a loop.  It hasn’t bothered me, but I lose track of time every afternoon and fail to have dinner ready unless I set an alarm!

I have been busy in the garden, reading, and of course, stitching.  After finishing my red 16 patches, I laid out the first quilt with these blocks.  I needed two more orange blocks for the pattern, and I still have dozens of blocks for another quilt.  This one is going to be for my sister’s niece, who is getting married in August.  I have the first rows assembled but need to press it.  My sewing room gets warm in the summer, so I avoid ironing and then do lots of it at once.

I finished my (light blue) tree skirt for my sister and my mom already took it to her.  I’m much happier with this one than the previous one.  (It is square, but apparently I didn’t stand square with it!)
Red for July?  I will be focused on finishing this quilt, but hopefully some red box blocks will make their way into the mix.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z

5 comments:

Cathy said...

I love the tree skirt, and I loved the one you made last year, too!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

The top quilt with the 16 patch blocks positively shimmers. A stunning RSC result.

Kate said...

Love all the color in your 16 patch quilt. Hopefully it doesn't get much warmer, it's been really hot and humid here.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the layout for your 16 patch quilt, Katie! Beautiful!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your Tree Skirt finish was perfect for June's RSC, but goodness, that wedding quilt is going to be spectacular!!! The color placement couldn't have been better, Katie. Well done!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...