Saturday, September 3, 2022

Enjoying the Blues

Quilting this week was rather more productive than I expected or planned.  Saturday, I ended the day with a fabric pull, blues from light to dark with a few grays and blacks mixed in.  The Assistant helped me arrange my layout.
Today, I have a flimsy ready to quilt.  I sewed the rows together in between the next flimsy, and I only mixed up fabrics in one spot, as I have two identical squares touching.  I used 32 different fabrics, including some precious shibori fabrics from Vicki Welsh.  I considered not using them, but they are perfect.
My other light (plus) blue project for the week also speedily turned into a flimsy.  This will be a tree skirt for my sister.  I’ve had the fabrics set aside for some time, but every time I tried to start it, the inspiration was lacking.  Finally, I sketched out a plan and got to cutting.
 
Next week’s Rainbow Scrap sewing will focus on quilting, and then I suspect I’ll need to have another color of scraps in the wings.  Not having a long term project has definitely changed the flow of my sewing room lately.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

grammajudyb said...

Oh My! The tree skirt will be gorgeous! Like the graduating blue squares project too!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Gorgeous blue projects, Katie! Love them both. I think we all need an Assistant like yours!

Deb A said...

Beautiful projects. Love the color gradient one - the assistant did great! I need to ask my 2 for help today playing with some blocks for a layout... if I can get them out of their rooms.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow! Way to jump right into Light BLUE, Katie!! Happy quilting!

Vicki W said...

The blue gradient is so soothing!

Sandy Panagos said...

So busy with light blues! That will be perfect for a tree skirt.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...