Sunday, September 18, 2022

Stash Report Week #37 and 15 Minutes

 After being so proud of my stashbusting efforts this summer, it may seem odd that I went fabric shopping.  Honestly, I’ll blame the quilts.  The Assistant and I have spent significant time over the last two weeks plotting a flower quilt based off an inspiration photo. I had a pleasantly large stack of fabrics that would work, but we had some important gaps to fill (hello, darker greens.  I wiped out my selection in the green quilt earlier this year) and ordered the backing while I was at it.  We also ordered for a second quilt that is still only a selection of colors in our minds.

Unfortunately, one order hasn’t arrived yet, two weeks later, so I may have to reorder somewhere else.  Maybe it’s a good thing, as by finishing the watercolor quilt and making some curtains for my atrium at school (basically, my classroom), I maintained my usage at twice my purchases still.

IN this week: 11 yards
OUT this week: 8 1/4 yards

IN YTD: 82 yards
OUT YTD: 166 1/2 yards
YTD Total: 84 1/2 yards OUT

Another good week for hand stitching means I’ve worked on my hexagons (or occasionally on bindings) for 256 of 260 days in 2022.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...