Saturday, September 24, 2022

Blooming

 I have a few more flowers in my collection this week.  Mysteriously, a cat also appeared, and for now I’ve decided it can stay.  Hopefully I can add at least a dozen more in the next week.
It felt like a chaotic week, but I’m not sure I can pinpoint why.  I clearly had loads of waiting time, as I finished the brown rounds for two hexagons.  We’ve had two splendidly cool days after two days of 100 F;  I am quite looking forward to fall.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

Mlada said...

Today will be 88 for us though, so hotter again. Did you decide to incorporate and Japanese or Korean quilting techniques?

Kathy S. said...

Your blocks are a beautiful collection. I had to laugh when you said you could add a dozen more by next week. I'm sure you were talking about quilt blocks and not cats. Congrats on your new cat.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Such variation in your blooms, Katie! Best of luck on another dozen in the coming week. Congrats on a break in the weather! We enjoyed cooled temps yesterday and the same is predicted for today. While it feels like Autumn is approaching, we can expect higher temps for at least another two weeks here in North Carolina.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I'm loving how these flowery blocks are turning out. Lovely assortment. I miss having a cat, sigh.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The flowers are so fun! I bet that cat loves his garden. Have fun adding to it!

Sandy Panagos said...

Some weeks are just like that, I guess. Your flowers are looking good!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...