Saturday, September 10, 2022

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Stalled

 My tree skirt is done and dusted.  It was not a demanding quilt, so a little straight line quilting made short work of it.  My watercolor quilt is quilted, but when it came to binding, it was quite difficult.  The Assistant and I again combed through the stash only to find that the quilt wanted a very specific brown/orange shade, and I did not own it.  We placed a fabric order for the binding as well as for two other quilts she’s helping me with, and now we wait for its arrival to finish.


The Assistant and I have dreamed up a new quilt with flowers of many colors, so I made a few blue ones.  She’s thrilled with the beginning; I’m nervous that I don’t have the skills to produce what we imagined.  We shall see.

I also pulled out the giant bag of scraps I bought earlier this year.  Now all the blues are sorted and pressed, and I am faced with the endless trimming. Maybe today I’ll empty the bin!




from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love the Christmas tree skirt - that turned out so pretty! It will be fun to see the flower quilt develop, too. Have fun with those scraps!

maggie fellow said...

beautiful tree skirt

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...