Saturday, September 17, 2022

This and That

The new project, which is almost all from stash and scraps and has liberal helpings of light blue, is moving along nicely.  Visually, it currently makes absolutely no sense, but since I’m roughly 10% done making blocks (maybe less), it’s going to be a while before it makes sense.  I do like it so far!
I was thrilled that my awkwardly orange and brown and not quite either fabric arrived this week.  The Assistant and I agreed that the actual fabric looked a shade lighter than the sample fabric, but the quilt didn’t protest too much and I cut and stitched on the fabric before any of us could change our minds.  I love that the binding almost makes you think the fabric darkens next to the dark blue.  The ways color play together never cease to amaze me.

 The backing is a really lovely ombré by Vicki Welsh (I think it’s the midnight gradient, but could be wrong).  You can see a few of the thread changes in the picture, but it doesn’t quite catch all five different threads.

The finished quilt is currently hogging my empty floor space in my sewing room as I really enjoy looking at it.  The similarly demanding Jack in the Box quilt is hung in my window.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Such visually interesting projects! I love how the color just moves from light to dark.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

love the blues in your projects!

Ulla said...

Your finished quilt is strong and amazing, and the binding adds a lot to it.

Sandy Panagos said...

It's fun to watch blocks that make no sense some together in the end. It looks like you're having fun.

Vicki W said...

Oh wow, that orange binding is perfect! I also leave quilts on the floor to admire for a while. I even walk on them, like a rug, if it's not a gift quilt.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...