Saturday, November 11, 2023

A November Saturday

 I could do with an end to time changes.  They are so challenging with kids!

This week, I made three wee aprons for my classroom.  The first one was too small, so the next two are the largest size, which still may not be big enough for my older kids.  I guess I’ll make them adult-sized aprons, and these will work for my littles.  I have all the grades from PreK to 4th, so I see plenty of growing!


I finished the flower quilt.  No colors ran, and I already have it delivered.  She was quite happy to receive it, which always makes me happy.



The twinkler star quilt is basted and bobbins are wound, so next week will be a quilting week.  I have three weeks until the wedding!


I started the last bojagi panel for my windows.  It will not look anything like the other three, but each time I learn something, so I don’t mind.  I had to take down all my stained glass as one of my suction cups gave up and broke a piece.  I don’t know if it’s the temperature changes, but I don’t to repair anymore for a while!


Finally, my black and grey squares are slowly developing into 16 patches.  They won’t see much progress next week, but I’d like to make all my 16 patches into another quilt before the end of the year.  One of the middle school teachers is expecting in December, and I like to have a quilt ready to give.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Gwyned Trefethen said...

That apron pattern is a favorite. Easy to get on and off and provides excellent coverage. Yours looks great. Love the fabric choices.

Kate said...

Your blue twinkle star quilt is stunning! Congrats on finishing off the flower quilt. Seems like you've been moving along with the finishes this week. Happy stitching.

Sara said...

Love, love, love the Twinkle Star done in all blues. It's so pretty!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...