Sunday, November 5, 2023

Stash Report Week #44 and 15 Minutes

 On the stash front, I bought two remnants of white fabrics from Hobby Lobby.  I am out of fabric for my 16 patches and still have plenty of grey and black squares to use up!

I finished quilting my flowers quilt, so once the binding is finished I’ll have another set of yardage out.  Now that we’re nearing the end of the year, I need to make sure I keep my stash numbers where I want them.  My original goal was to use twice what I buy, and I want to stick to that!

IN this week: 3/4 yard
OUT this week: 0 yards

IN YTD: 45 yards
OUT YTD: 90 1/2 yards
YTD Total: 45 1/2 yards OUT

I finished and attached my first filler piece for my hexagon quilt.  Last night at a bachelorette party, I finished basting most of the hexagons for the next one.  It’s a fiddly business, but I like it better than attaching all the big pieces together!  It’s amazing what 15 minutes a day over the last five or so years has accomplished.  I still have my perfect record for the year.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Great stash numbers. Fitting in some stitching time each day is no easy accomplishment. You've had a good year on the stash and stitching fronts.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...