Saturday, November 25, 2023

After Thanksgiving….

Having an extra seven people in the house for four days is always lovely, and we are always glad when it’s over.  The laundry is mostly done, the extra beds and bedding (lots of quilts!) are put away, and we’re all quietly ignoring each other.  I see I’m not the only one who loves family and loves when they leave (also our linkup for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge)!

My quiet escape has been assembling 16 patches.  I finished 24 black and grey 16 patches, then made an extra teal to have enough for this layout:

 I have three more rows to assembly for this quilt, and then I have a few random blocks to mix in with some browns for the final 16 patch quilt of the year.  The many 16 patch quilts this year have been so handy.  This teal and black one is for a teacher expecting her first, and the gender is a surprise.

The binding is done on the twinkle star blocks, but I have it folded up until I wash and prep it for the wedding.  It just wouldn’t do to soil it!

I also sorted my 2” scraps in grey and black to cut a tottering pile of box blocks.  While I might not have as many as I did for teal, these are certainly a close second!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Kate said...

The 16 patch blocks are looking good. So glad you got some time to stitch in there, it is so hectic during the holiday. Happy stitching this week.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Black, gray and teal made a wonderful combo for your latest quilt top, Katie, and congrats on getting your house back!! I often feel the same way when visitors are here.

Vicki W said...

16 patch blocks are a great way to relax from a hectic few days with lots of visitors!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...