Saturday, November 18, 2023

Busy Weekend

The eldest has a college scholarship competition this morning, so I’ll be brief.

I have the quilting and trimming done.  I think I broke 6 needles by moving the quilt too fast.  Ah.  It’s lovely done.  This afternoon I hope to add the binding and spend Thanksgiving week stitching it down.
My gray and black squares are slowly coming together.  I need to pull my bojagi back out now that the quilt is off the machine!

 I hope your Thanksgiving (if you celebrate) is as lovely as you dreamed and you get to enjoy whatever you need, company or quiet, chaos or rest.  We’ll have 12 kids under our roof for a few days, so I’ll have more chaos than quiet, but I do love to see family!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis, katie z.

Linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

8 comments:

Sara said...

The Twinkle Star quilt is stunning!! Wow!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Twinkle Star is beautiful, Katie! Happy Thanksgiving!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations on finishing up the quilting on that restful looking quilt! Enjoy your houseguests, Katie. Happy Thanksgiving!

Kate said...

Your blue twikle stars are so pretty! Congrats on the finish. Hope you can sneak in some sanity stitching with so many kiddos around, but enjoy the time. It does go way to fast. Good luck to the eldest on the scholarshop competition.

Cathy said...

Oh, I do loves me a good Twinkle Star quilt, and yours is sublime!!!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Love everything about your finished quilt. Such peaceful colors and the block is lovely, especially the way it creates a secondary pattern.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Your Twinkle Star is very pretty! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, too!

Pam said...

Stunning quilt!!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...