Saturday, February 24, 2024

Discombobulation

There are too many things going on (that seems to be my perpetual state lately).  I am trying to take things off my plate, but dealing with medical issues, a graduating senior (gasp) things, work… all the things… it’s hard.

My sewing is also all over the place.

I laid out another set of box blocks from last year.  I have just enough for two more lap or large baby quilts.  They’re so cheerful!
I made 38 red 16 patches.  Since they ran out before I finished the New York Beauty block for the week, I dug out the rest of my green scraps and started on them.
 
I finished my block for the week.  I need to starch and properly press each of these, but I won’t do that until I’m ready to sew them together.  No need to do it twice!

I have the next section ready to attach.  I got distracted midweek, or it would already be atttached.  If I finish one more section next week, I will only have the final side of my quilt to finish.  That means it’s almost time to think about the backing!
Miss G has class at 11, so my goal is to finish as many things on my list as possible before then.  Off to work!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

are you planning on making the border for the NYB too as in the book? I am undecided for mine. The kids sure grow up fast don't they

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The senior year is a busy one, especially when added to the needs of other kids in the house! Love that bunch of box blocks you have laid out there - they are definitely happy. Have a good Saturday!

Maggie said...

All those bright and beautiful blocks together is so charming, it makes me smile. Very happy colours, all your projects look great.

Deb A said...

It does feel like Mom's are jugglers most of the time! Hope you are able to get a few minutes of 'you' time to relax. Your projects are beautiful - especially that hexagon.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your schedule with ALLTHETHINGS (and then some) is stressing you out, Katie. SEW impressed that you managed to tame some RED scraps this week! Of course, I'm loving your rainbow quilt layout. Bonus points for getting multiple quilt tops out of the lot of them! Here's hoping things settle down a bit soon - especially those medical issues.

Vicki W said...

I'm always so impressed by how much you get done. You have to be the busiest person I know!

Kate said...

You have such pretty projects in the works. Your box blocks are so bright and colorful. Senior year goes so fast, especially that last semester. Hopefully things are less hectic this week and that everyone stays well.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...