Wednesday, February 7, 2024

February Goals

January goals were pretty simple:

1. Trim scraps, work on the next 1-2 hexagon filler pieces, make 16 patches from green scraps, and make a quilt from the RSC 2023 box blocks.  All done.

2.  Dye fabric.  I worked on several pieces.  The scarves aren't done, but I'm still learning how silk takes colors different from cotton.

3.  Make one New York Beauty block a week.  Yay!  Done!

Stretch goal:  take a workshop on fabric dyeing (done), another on Korean thimbles (also done and five thimbles made), and order materials (also done).

February goals are staying simple too.

1.  Trim scraps, work on the next 3-4 filler hexagon pieces (the smaller ones!), make 16 patches and flowers from red scraps, and finish the aqua and grey box blocks.

2.  Dye fabric.  I know what I need to do now to design some fabric, but first, it requires making the designs I want.  I love the texture of hand-dyed print in bojagi.

3.  Make one New York Beauty block a week.

Stretch goals: 
1. Continue the chemistry of dyeing workshop.

2.  Post a quilt for sale on my etsy page.

3.  Make a drafted bojagi.

1 comment:

Kate said...

You had a good January. Fingers crossed that February is as good.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...