Saturday, February 17, 2024

Power Outage

We started the morning by loosing power.  Since it’s 14 F outside, we had a bit of a scramble to start sinks dripping, build a fire in the fireplace, and bundle up under blankets and sweaters.  Fortunately, power is back on (or I wouldn’t have a post today).

I have an idea I’m playing with, and its execution requires lots of fabric texture.  Of course, I had to dye some silk scarves too, as it’s always a surprise what they look like.
Silk scarves
Fat quarters for my dye book
Texture, texture, texture.
And I need fabrics in purple too, so this is the batch that is resting and will be rinsed later today.

I did play with red scraps as well.  I have 20+ 16 patches finished with a small stack still to pin and stitch.  I think there are 14 flowers so far, with maybe 3 more to sew up.  My red scraps definitely are not as abundant as green.  They are quite cheerful, so they counteract our recent cloudy days nicely.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Sara said...

What a beautiful collection of dyed fabrics - great texture! One of the ladies in our guild does a lot of fabric dying but I'm never tried it.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Red is definitely a cheerful color to sew with, Katie! And your dyed fabrics - gorgeous. So glad your power came back on! 5 degrees this morning in Colorado, but the sun has come out to warm us up.

Susie H said...

You dye such pretty fabrics! They'll be great wherever they land. The red blocks are looking good. Have a good week!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...