Saturday, February 3, 2024

Whinging

Catholic Schools Week always brings an extra measure of chaos to our lives.  The extra crazy dress down days combined with a lack of regular schedule wreaks havoc on the nervous systems of my kids (and me!).  I am all kinds of discombobulated this week.

Despite having significantly less red scraps than green, I didn’t make much progress on my new blocks.  This is mainly because it took me four days to quilt my box blocks quilt.  It also means I finished very little of my New York Beauty block for the week, despite a promising end of last week.

Here’s my whinging for the week: I LOST a piece of my hexagon quilt, for the first time in all the years I’ve worked on it.  I can remember working on the inner pieces Monday night, but by Wednesday I couldn’t find them anywhere.  I called the dentist (hello, complicated root canal) and checked everywhere at school, and have tidied my sewing room repeatedly.  What did I do with it?  For now, I’ll set aside the right fabrics so that if it doesn’t turn up, I will remake it.  I’m so annoyed with myself (and full well recognize this is what stress does to my brain!).

I have a binding to stitch down while Miss G tries a new class this weekend - aerial silks.  She’s hypermobile and climbs everything, so she’s excited to go.
Off to the chaos!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.


 

3 comments:

Sue said...

Love that aqua, gray, & black scrap quilt you're binding. So eye-catching.

Kate said...

I remember Catholic Schools week. Our school held and auction to kick that off, which meant volunteer duty to set up and take down. Thankfully I only had one that I had to dress for crazy hair day, 70's day, etc. You have a quite a few more to get dressed and moving each morning. I'm so sorry you lost your section of the hexie quilt. Hopefully it will turn up in the next few days.

Marsha Cooper said...

Opposite for me. I have loads of red, but not so much green. Some of the green I put back as I read that she will be doing mint and sage green a later month.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...