Saturday, February 10, 2024

Lunar New Year

It’s been quite a week.  Despite today being a busy day, I’m relieved it’s Saturday.

I completely finished and attached a side hexagon section.  These are so much easier and faster than the top and bottom.  I have not found the missing section,
After I finished my New York Beauty block for the week, I was able to start on my red bricks.  I have a large pile of this particular red, leftover from my V quilt.
I also turned all my little red squares into four patches.
I finished last week’s New York Beauty block and a simpler one for this week.
Today, my little people have my day full: a trip to the model train shop, a project meet up with a classmate, a birthday party, and tonight DH and I have a retirement party to attend.  I must admit, parties still feel strange and a little dangerous since the beginning of the pandemic.  At least the basketball season is almost over, so there’s no game today.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.


 

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your blocks are all coming along nicely. I know what you mean about parties or gatherings I still find myself standing back a little and sanitizing my hands a lot more than I used to during flu season in years past.

Sara said...

Your NYB blocks are always just gorgeous!! Wow!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The NYB blocks are beautiful, and love what you're doing with your reds, too! Have a fun, busy day!

Kate said...

You did get a lot done this week. Your NYB blocks turned out beautifully. I do and don't miss all the weekend running around when Grad Girl was into sports and school stuff. Hope everyone gets where they need to go and home again.

Maggie said...

Beautiful and we are still very cautious to go to events since the pandemic started. So you are not alone in that regard. We look at the world and how we navigate it differently now. Hope you had lots of fun and enjoyed the little people. Have a great weekend.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...