Saturday, June 22, 2024

Flowers and 16 Patches

I managed to turn all my 1.5” blue squares into 1/2 blocks this week!  I will have a lot of blocks at the end of next week.
I also finished my blue flowers this week.  I really did have a large stack of navy blue scraps!  I’m glad they’re turning into something useful.
The Scouts came home a day early due to weather and strep, so the yard is a mess of drying tents and miscellaneous gear.  I am glad that it’s not my job to clean it all up when dry!  I get to enjoy the afternoon inside, as it is quite warm here and not rainy at all.

Yesterday, we (all the non-Scouts in the family) did our annual summer dyeing.  Some of us dyed shirts, but there were also a few shorts and a dress.  We dyed silks for Bojagi and fabric for me to dye.  The Assistant has requested a curtain for her college dorm, so we picked a few colors for that.  We started the rinsing process this morning, but we’ll get back to it tonight.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

 

4 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

What fun navy blue blocks!!!

Susie H said...

Great blocks! Sorry the campers came home early and brought the wet tents home with them. Ugh! So much other work.

Vicki W said...

Oh what fun, a family dyeing day!

Kate said...

Your flower and 16 patch blocks are looking good. A dying day sounds like fun, but it's a bit messy too isn't it. So sorry the scouts got rained out and some came home sick too. Hopefully everyone is feeling much better now.

August Block Count

 I thought I wrote this, but it seems to be lost somewhere or I never wrote it at all… August was a quiet block month, with only 42 16-patch...