Monday, April 30, 2012

Blocks 157-165

I would love to say I'll get 25 + 7 blocks done this week to catch up to Shelly, but... this is reality, folks.  Nothin' doin'.

I did finish nine blocks this week to complete a top and finish the first of (cough) 90 rings for a double wedding ring quilt.  Do you see yet what you've gotten me into, Alzbe?  (Just kidding.)


It is my recent observation that learning MORE about quilting has made me afraid of techniques that, in my ignorance, I was too oblivious to fear.  Take curves, or example.  I sewing another DWR quilt (scrappy) without any attention to bias, pinning curves, or how difficult such things were sometimes perceived to be.  Now?  I'm a nervous nelly.  Nevertheless, I will persevere.  32 blocks, here I come!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

It's all lovely. I don't have much to show. Surely someday something will get completed with all these blocks I'm making!

Alzbeta said...

YAY! I love it! And I even like the little bit of pattern you see on the blue. It looks even better than I picture in my brain. Thank you, thank you dear sister for how much you bless others with your talent!

Plugging Away

Somehow I spent most of this week thinking it was the last week in March.  I’m glad I have another week! I have plenty of purple still to se...