Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter clothes finish

Amanda Jean, thank you for hosting Finish It Up Friday.  I look forward to it every week.

The last dress is finished, and I've already picked out fabrics for next year's.  I aimed for brighter but still boy-friendly.  I could choose garment fabric, but I find that I don't like slipper leftovers, and cotton washes well anyhow.  I'll post pictures when I receive my package in the mail.  (Who doesn't love squishy packages in the mail?)

Oh, to remember to rotate!
I also finished this lovely little baby quilt (36" x 42"), completely from my scrap bags and stash.  I should have picked four colors with more contrast to see the weave effect, but I still really like it.  I machine quilted it in less than an hour on the second morning my daughter stayed home sick this week.

Speaking of which, what a month!  Spring break interrupted by DH's Nana suffering from a brain aneurysm.  Two days of fever for Screamer last week.  Two and a half days of fever for the Assistant this week (after school today, the fever was back.  Ack!).  Emergency rush to minor emergency for Bear Cub Q on Wednesday night for a double ear infection (last time, his ear drum burst less than 10 hours after he complained of pain).  DH's Nana died Thursday.  Bear Cub Q turns 2 on Good Friday.  Funeral Easter Tuesday.  WHOA, Nelly!

And today, Friday, my sale on Facebook ends at noon my time (Central).  I'm selling remaining crocheted hats from 2011 for $5 a piece.  Crazy cheap.  (They're usually $16-22.  I'm just sayin'.)

from the room of Zana's Ninis.
katie z.

2 comments:

Heidi Staples said...

Love that cute little dress...adorable!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

So sorry to hear about DH's Nana - what a month! I like the dress and baby quilt - very nice! ;))

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...