Friday, April 20, 2012

Dyeing

Start with this:
10 pound cone of sport weight yarn
PFD
(I bought mine here)



Wind a skein.
A swift is NOT a necessary tool, but I wanted my skeins to be a specific size.
You could also wrap your yarn around two chairs or a table, as this is really for winding a skein into a ball, but hey, use what works!



Figure eight ties
Make about 30 of these...
Definitely more than 3....
Ask me how I know!

Soak in hot water for 30 minutes

Protect your counters

Simmer for 30 minutes or more


Rinse in cold water

Agitate with detergent in boiling water for 15 minutes.
Leave in hot water to soak for 12 hours.
Wash.
i had the bright idea of sewing them into a pillowcase as no lingerie bag is unpacked.

Use one of these...
... to make there

Make something beautiful.
from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.


2 comments:

Alzbeta said...

You are amazing.

Jeanette said...

Wow, that seems like a lot of work!! Lovely color blue! Found my way here from AmandaJean.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...