Sunday, April 8, 2012

Goodies in my mail

Look what showed up in my mail last week!  (And I needed a long awaited, almost forgotten type of package to help me forget all the insanity that is life right now!)



Some stars to help along my hexagon project, and a pattern I won.  Woohoo!  Check out this pattern at other at Prairie Moon Quilts!  You should also take the time to read her blog.  It's hilarious.  Regularly.  As in, all the time.

I think I will make the pattern as a gift for my daughter, who is pink-obsessed (it's better than it used to be, but I am NOT a pink girl.  Not one whit.  See, I have red hair, so no pink for me!).  But it will have to go to the end of the line, as I have lots of other quilty projects that need to be completed first!

Shelly and I are racing to see who can finish our 350 blocks for the year first (or maybe it just feels that way since it's fun to see who finished more blocks each week).  I think she may catch up/pass me pretty soon, as I need to quilt a lap quilt this week, so my machine will be a little preoccupied, and I have to be gone for a funeral two days.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

You're definitely inspiring me to step it up! It is like a race, isn't it? Maybe this week I'll get to pass you by. So far, I've longarm quilted 4 quilts. The block thing isn't looking so good!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...