Saturday, January 12, 2013

In the Pink

Finishing at approximately 34" x 42", the "In the Pink" baby quilt is complete, as is its companion piece, a doll quilt for big sister.  (For more on the doll quilt, go here.)  I even managed to get them washed and dried in preparation to send to the family soon.


The baby quilt top is made entirely from scraps from my scrap bags and my stash of larger pink scraps that the girls picked out, cut up into chunks, and abandoned.  The solid squares are cut 4 1/2", and the pieced bits are as small as 1" up to 2.5"x4.5".


The backing and binding are a lovely pink/purple batik I purchased on clearance from Hancock's of Paducah (making good use of a friend's generous gift!).  I thought the backing could act as a quilt alone if the front proves to be too busy for the baby.

There aren't many pink scraps left after this.  Keep watch to see what else I can create before the baby comes!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Living the Lewis Lifestyle said...

Adorable ;) :)

Shauna said...

So pink and girly!

Henrietta said...

Oh that is a pretty batik! Latest research shows that blindingly bright and busy quilts are better for babies than the soft and blendy ones their Mamma's like. Visual stimulation leads to brain stimulation - or something.

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...