Monday, November 22, 2021

Finished Quilt: 16 Patch Stars

Hello, finished quilt!  You’re quite a cozy thing, finishing at roughly 60”

The backing looks (shockingly) on the gray end of blue, but in real life, it’s a lovely mottled blue green.  I dyed it in one of our marathon dyeing sessions this summer.  The straight line quilting is a dark green thread and blends splendidly with the backing.  The binding is a black and white batik.
Two different grays make up the background fabric.  When they ran out, I used tans and whites for the “border” of extra triangles and squares to finish out the pattern.  The colored squared and triangles are all from my 2.5” scrap box.  I was really hoping to use up more of the box, but my gray fabric ran out at these 49 blocks.
I’ll have to keep plotting to empty the 2.5” scrap box.  There are, most likely, two more quilts snuggled comfortably in the box still!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Your scrap box is full of magic! The quilt turned out great!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those border bits finished off the quilt beautifully, Katie. Have fun with the other 2+ quilts hiding in the scrap box!!

scraphappy said...

What a great quilt to pull out of the bin. Using up all the extras always feels so good. Lovely backing fabric as well. The extra blocks give it a bit of flair.

Plugging Away

Somehow I spent most of this week thinking it was the last week in March.  I’m glad I have another week! I have plenty of purple still to se...