Saturday, November 20, 2021

Rise and Shine

 I am sneaking in this blog post before the day gets busy, rather than after!  We have a rather large burn pile to monitor today, so I need to move along.

I made more progress on farm quilt blocks than I remembered.  Of course, some of the letters are from previous weeks, but here we are.  Roughly our house; we have four windows on the bottom as well as a lovely porch, but that’s more redrafting than I want to do.  I also realized, just now, that I put the lower windows in upside down.  They’re staying!

Our last name is almost done.

And a zinnia.  Maybe I’ll have the brain space to plant a few this spring.  I am so enjoying that we still have roses in late November,

Most of my sewing time this week was spent on quilting my scrappy 16 patch quilt.  I picked a dark green thread to blend with the backing (a piece I dyed over of the summer).

I do enjoy when I’m close to a finish!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we need to get a burn pile done too - I hadn't checked the weather yet to see it will be today or tomorrow!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty blocks! I'd like to plant some zinnias, too - love their big beautiful blooms!

Ivani said...

Love the zinnia block.

Deb A said...

So close to a finish! I think we still have a small pile to be burned but the boy will handle that while he is off this week from school. Of course... I could have him trim more bushes to build it up more! Have a wonderful week.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Cute house, love the roof! And the zinnia is adorable. Good luck with the yard work!

Susie H said...

The house & zinnia blocks are so creative. Wish we could burn leaves. Our City outlawed it this year.

Vicki W said...

You are making lots of progress! I love the zinnia block.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...