Saturday, November 27, 2021

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Yay!

We were happy to (safely) visit with family this week.  Happy visiting, vats of cooking, and a pair of house guests meant I didn’t get much sewing time.

Fortunately, I was ahead on my hand sewing and I have a lovely completion for the week.
I also made blocks for a planned but scrappy baby quilt.  I will show the gradient that inspired my selections when I put this quilt together.
Finally, instead of scrappy sewing (ahem, farm blocks), I delightfully took a detour to make Christmas pillow cases for my children.  They will be stocking gifts for the feast of St. Nicholas.
Finally, at the end of last week (or early this week?) I finished my scrappy 16 patch quilt.  Miss G approves of it as a teacher gift, so it has a home!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
 katie z.

4 comments:

Deb A said...

Beautiful hexagon star and glad you got some lovely visiting time this holiday. Enjoy your weekend.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Love the colors in your hexie star and the baby quilt.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I had to click over and look at your 16 patch quilt - it's just beautiful, Katie! Glad you got lots of family time this week, too!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Gorgeous block, pretty quilt top in the making, and sweet stocking gifts ready for giving, Katie!! Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving. SEW glad to hear that Miss G approved of the Teacher Quilt!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...